Friday, March 30, 2012

Our Sweet New Addition

Grayson John arrived March 5, at 1:35 am. He was 7 lbs 12 oz and 20 inches long. Almost exactly the same as Carter at his birth. He was about an hour new in this picture. Getting checked out by my sweet midwife Donna and her 2 students. Grayson was born at home, in the water. It was the best experience ever. Josh and I decided to do things a little different this time and I'm so glad we did. It was calm and perfect and just how we envisioned it to be. Josh was amazing and basically did all of the work, well, besides my part of course. He "caught" Grayson as he was born, something he'll never forget. I can't say enough what a perfect birth it was. Grayson didn't even cry when he was born, he just stared up at me for the longest time. I went into labor at 9:30 at night, the kids were in bed sleeping, we called my midwifes to come over, Grayson was born at 1:30am after 4 hours of labor, the midwifes stayed for 2 hours and Josh and I got into our own bed and went to sleep! I think one of the best things about it was surprising the kids in the morning. They came downstairs and had a new baby brother!




Ryleigh seeing her new brother for the first time! How fun to come downstairs and have a new baby!

                                                 Crazy man, Big Brother, Carter!
The 3 Smith kiddos. Our loves!!

No comments: