Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Happy House

To some, a happy "house" is one that is clean, tidy, and clutter free at all times. Let me just tell you what I think a happy home is: one that I can freely play with my children, one that has toys around, one that displays artwork that your child worked so hard on to please you, one that is full of laughter, and one that feels like home. I am thankful that I can see what's important. I am thankful that I get to enjoy my children every day. I am thankful that my kids run to me when they see me. I am thankful that they want to share their day with me. I am thankful.

In 10, 15, 20 years I hope I will look back and remember all of the time spent together, not cleaning my house. By no means do I have a dirty house, but with kids comes clutter right? Reminds me of a movie with Nicolas Cage, The Family Man. And in the end, he realizes what's really important. The End.

2 comments:

Kym Jackson said...

Great post Courtney :)

Sarah said...

Seriously. I'm really happy you wrote this. I am needing constant reminders about this these days, mainly due to company. I hate that because I could, and should, be spending more time just cuddling and playing and being thankful. :-)