Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy Anniversary Josh!

Okay so I missed it by a few days, it was on Monday. But a big milestone for us, 5 YEARS. Who would have thunk it that we'd make it this far?! I can't wait to see what the next 5,10,15,20,30,40, years have in store for us....


We celebrated last Thursday for a couple of reasons,


1) it worked out better for Gigi to watch the kiddos that night and


2) I could not STAND not to give Josh his gift. It's something I have been working on for a while now. Actually I planned on doing this about a year ago when I found out I was prego with Carter man but just decided to go through with it a few weeks ago. Quite a project for a short period of time. I made a book for him of "Our Story" consequently the title also. This website called Blurb allows you to upload photos and basically write your own story. Now I had to gather all of the pictures I could find that were not on our computer, have 150 of them scanned onto discs, get this book put together and have it sent back to me in about 2 and a half weeks. I spent quite a few nights on the computer and I'm sure Josh was wondering if I was chatting with my boyfriend (just kidding) but I told him he could not come in or ask me what I was doing. I thought he may have an idea, but when I gave it to him I knew he was clueless! I have never been more excited to give someone a gift, or more nervous about whether or not he would like it. HE LOVED IT! This will for sure be my way of "scrapbooking". So easy and fun and relatively cheap too! I already have a new book in the works which I'll work on over the next year, it will be Carter and Ryleigh.

2 comments:

Keeping up with Anita said...

What a great gift! Hope you will let me have a peek.

what's new said...

This was your best idea and I know how hard you worked on it and how much of yourself you put into it for the love of your life. If I ever get one of "those" phone calls again, I will remind you of the book and that should be all it takes! You were meant for each other and I am so happy you found one another! Especially when I see my very special grandchildren! The book you write for them will be special, too. Love you to the moon and back, mom