Thursday, April 23, 2009

Doctor visit update

I had my 39 week check up today. I was hoping I wouldn't have this appointment and I'm REALLY hoping I won't have my next week appointment either! Just a few changes, I am dilated to 3 now and she ended up "stripping membranes". What this is basically is going over my cervix and almost separating my amniotic sac from the cervix. This may put me into labor in the next couple of days....we'll see if it works. She says if I'm still prego next week, she'll set a date to induce. Keep your fingers crossed that Carter will be here before then!

The family seems to be healing okay also. Josh's cankle is looking better and less bruised, I haven't noticed him limping as much. Ryleigh went to school today, but didn't want to talk about her chin injury with anyone. She is very self conscious about it, even though it's covered by a band aid. We'll get them checked out again today and then get the stitches out next week. I'm hoping this is the end of injuries in the Smith household for a while.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

so excited for you that the big day is almost here...can't wait to hear the details.

i'm laughing really hard that you said josh has a cankle. i'm sure he loves that one...

Sarah said...

Good thing you got the injuries out of the way before Carter gets here... that part is a good thing.