Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The day from.......

A sprained ankle and 5 stitches later and the day was finally over! It actually started Monday night when Josh hurt his ankle sliding at softball. This is becoming an every other week thing, (getting hurt sliding at ball) so Mama (me) is getting a little bit tired of the softball injuries and have put a "No Sliding Rule" in effect. Tuesday I took Ry to school and spent the morning at the doctor with Josh, thankfully it wasn't broken, but he needed to come back in the afternoon and get an x ray and boot. So I'm at school picking up Ryleigh and to make a long story short, she was not listening to me and ran from me, fell onto a planter in one of the offices and busted her chin open. It was NASTY. I am usually pretty good with injuries and things but when I saw under her chin I couldn't look at it again. She was bleeding everywhere, from her mouth too and luckily her bottom teeth weren't busted out. So I called Josh who is close at the doctors office for his foot and had him meet us at the ER. In the meantime, Ryleigh is freaking out, LOSING her mind screaming in the backseat that she doesn't want to go to the hospital and get stitches. So we get there and the wait is long and the ER is nasty. We left there and ended up going to CareNow and walked right in, they were great there and it was done in about 20 minutes. I had to wait outside, I could not emotionally handle it, and I'm SOOO thankful Josh did a good job with the situation. Usually when Ry is hurt I am calming him down more than her, but he was my rock yesterday, even with his limp. Happy the day is over? Um , Yes. Everyone seems okay now. Stitches will come out in about a week.



This picture (done by Kym of course http://www.portraitsbykym.com/) is in the Archiver's stores. We don't have any stores down here to see it so Molly sent me a picture of it. We're famous!

4 comments:

Kym said...

Your story was too entertaining...I'm sorry! LOVE the poster!!

Adrianna Charboneau said...

I'm sorry for crazy day! I love the poster! Are you in all the Archivers (did I spell that right??) Hope you are feeling well!

Courtney Smith said...

I think it's in all of the stores. Molly took this one at the Woodbury store I believe.

Sarah said...

So cool! Not your day of course, that stinks... but that you're famous! And I know you! :-)