Thursday, December 4, 2008

Colorado Trip

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! We had a great trip. These road trips get easier every time we take one. It could be that Josh does more of the driving now than he used to and we have a DVD player to entertain Ryleigh for 12 hours! The trip was great, we went to Keystone but couldn't ski, there was no snow, but the weather was wonderful so I'm not complaining. We also were able to visit a cousin of mine. They have a farm outside of Boulder so Ryleigh got to ride a horse and we went downtown Boulder and had lunch and shopped around(I love it there). This Thanksgiving was one I will remember for a long time. I went from wondering why I couldn't be thankful for all of the things in my life to wondering how I could ever feel that the blessings were burdons. I owe a lot to the person who opened up my eyes to that.

Ryleigh finally was able to make the snow angel she has dreamed about making. I assume from watching some show. It makes me a little bit sad that she won't get to experience snow forts, snow balls, eating yellow snow, ice skating (outside, not in a mall), skiing, sleding, and all of the other snow related activities....and then I think about how cold it is and the blizzard I had to drive in last week in Denver, and those warm and fuzzy feelings go away quickly. Here are some photos from the week.

Ryleigh making snow angels

Donelle, Josh, Ry, Kristin, and Jayden in Boulder

Riding Blackhawk at Donelle's

Skiing in Keystone

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm glad to hear you had such a great Thanksgiving holiday!

I do know what you could do to get Ry some more snow experience... just gotta come to MN every winter! :)