Thursday, June 12, 2008

We're home!

Where have the last 2 weeks gone? Let's see, I celebrated my 28th birthday with family hanging out in the pool. What could be better than that? The Dairy Queen ice cream cake that my wonderful hubby drove all over town to find. It was delicious and gone in 20 minutes. No, I didn't eat the entire thing myself (although I probably could have).

The next day we drove to South Dakota. What an awesome, relaxing time. I love going there, it's so peaceful and quiet. Josh has never really been out in the country so it's new to him. He and my dad did boy things like shoot guns and golf. Grandpa bought Ryleigh her first fishing pole, a Barbie one, of course. They didn't catch any fish but it was funny to watch my dad fish with a tiny pink fishing pole. I'm also not sure if Ry is the fishing "outdoorsy" type. When Grandpa was putting the worm on the hook she yelled at him, "Grandpa, you're hurting him!"
Next it was off to MN for a wedding reception. It was so much fun as usual. I never expect to have anything but a blast with my group of friends. I am so lucky to have such an awesome group of girls and guys. I have to say one of my favorite things was meeting all of the new babies, 4, to be exact, and they are all so cute and good and I just wanted to squeeze all of them at once. (In a good, I love your chubby legs sort of way, not a weird way.) And what better way to end a vacation then with a pyramid.......

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I totally can picture Gpa with the Barbie pole and Ry yelling at him about hurting the worm. I'm so glad you guys had such a great trip "home". It was great seeing you all!