Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I miss my Charlie

I am still trying to convince myself that we did the right thing by giving Charlie away. Everyone I talk to says we did, but I still feel like I have abandoned one of my kids. Josh and I talked at length last night about the situation and he feels like Charlie is not an aggressive dog. I did a lot of research online last night about "Springer rage" and the aggression they can show. Most comments left by people were the same feelings Josh and I have for our dogs, they are the best! Although there were a few that said not good with kids, but really ANY breed can not be good with kids. I guess it just depends on the dog. Everytime I think about it, I cry. Jack did get to go over to play with him for the day today and will again tomorrow while our fence is being fixed so that's good. I'm just afraid it's going to be traumatic for both of them again when Josh picks up Jack tonight. We are trying to show Jack SO much love and attention, but you can tell he is just so sad. He runs outside to look for Charlie and will stare out the window.

Okay, so I need to focus on something else....Here is where we are going in 17 days!

http://www.palaceresorts.com/Resorts/MoonPalace/Index.asp

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It'll get better, I promise. And the pups will be okay, even if they don't understand what in the world is going on. It has to be better to not worry about him biting kids, that would be a bad thing if something did happen.