Friday, January 11, 2008

An "old friend" sent us an email which I found helpful and improved my mood greatly for the day, ( I have been really foul lately)! I thought I would share it. Here goes...



TEN WAYS TO RENEW A RELATIONSHIP

A new year gives us all a fresh start. We resolve to begin a new diet, go to the health club or pay down the credit card debt. Our intimate relationships deserve some attention as well. Here are ten simple ways to invigorate them:

Tell your partner one thing you like about him or her.
Share an interesting story that makes you both laugh...or cry.
Go to a movie and hold hands while you watch.
Hold hands while you have an argument.
Give each other a kiss that lasts longer than ten seconds.
Assume the best about each other.
When dealing with conflict, attack the problem, not your partner.
Send an email or text message for no other reason than to say "I love you."
Buy a romantic card and mail it to your partner.
Do all of these things more than once.


I need to remind myself to do these things often. Most are really easy. Besides, who doesn't like to kiss their signifcant other?!


Here's a picture of Ryleigh snuggling up with Jack and Charlie



2 comments:

Josh said...

You are so beautiful, and I love you with all my heart (except for the part of my heart that is designated for nothing by Ryleigh's love :)) SO lucky to have you in my life....

Aunt Deb said...

What a great idea. Pics are great so is the music. Be sure to keep a hard copy so you can put it in a notebook and re read it years from now. Keep up the positives. I'm so proud of you guys.

Love,
Aunt Deb